Tag Mass Action: Add, Rename, and Delete a tag in multiple files (Tag Wrangler)

+1 from me as well.

1 Like

+1. I’m trying to move my whole workflow into Obsidian but the lack of this feature is ridiculous.

+1 from me as well

1 Like

+1, would be a great thing to have! Thanks in advance :grinning:

2 Likes

+1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 for assigning a tag to a group of multiple notes. One way of doing this is how Zotero solves it as described here. Thanks for giving this some attention.

2 Likes

+1 would be nice to have this essential feature.

1 Like

As a newcomer considering dragging hundreds of existing .md notes into Obsidian, this functionality is going to be key. Big +1 from me.

2 Likes

big ol’ +1

1 Like

+100 from me

1 Like

+1 here too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 for me too

1 Like

To show support for feature requests please heart them (by pressing the heart button under it) instead of posting “+1” replies.

9 Likes

Hi Ward,

I watched the video. I see that she was able to do a search and replace. However, I am not seeing how to use Tag Wrangler and VSC to add a tag to multiple files.

What am I missing?

+1 for this feature!

@safrazier It is not shown there, but one possible solution might be to have one base tag that you add to every note. Then, if you temporarily moved a bunch of notes you wanted to add a certain tag to into a folder, you could do a search (for the base tag) and replace (for the base tag and the desired new tag). Exactly how this would be accomplished would depend upon how the tags were formatted in the note. I believe it should work well with a frontmatter list or a frontmatter array, and less so with tags intermingled in the note.

I’m not sure this was the implied solution, but it could save some time for cases where lots of notes need a certain tag.

Good luck!

1 Like

+1 from me :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

+1 from me pls

Not really, I attempted to try multi-cursor over multiple txt documents and it won’t work. Only on a single file will this work. Which is no better than manually changing every file you want to add the tag in Obsidian. Good idea though, just tested and it won’t across files sadly.

2 Likes

Please add this. +1 from me.