Table should not resize image immediately

Use case or problem

I insert a local image to a table in Live Preview mode and when I resize the image with the format ![[image.name|100]], the image immediately resize to 1 before I had a chance to finish 100.

Proposed solution

The image should only resize after I hit enter/return.

Current workaround

Copy |100 and paste it in ![[image.name]]![[image.name|100]]

I haven’t heard of this specific problem before, but I believe using the | in tables can cause problems. Try escaping it by putting a backslash before it: \|.

THis isns’t specific to tables. It happens in regular text too. Why is it a problem?

I just tried it. And when it snaps down to a pixel, the keyboard focus is lost. This gif isn’t exactly illustrative but, after the image disappears, I can no longer type anything:

tableResizeImage

The keyboard focus just seems to vanish. Up and down begins scrolling the sidebar. Gif is not in Sandbox, but my test in the Sandbox acts exactly the same.

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.5.3
Installer version: v1.4.13
Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.6.0: Wed Oct 4 23:56:02 PDT 2023; root:xnu-8020.240.18.704.15~1/RELEASE_ARM64_T6000 21.6.0
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: insider
Insider build toggle: on
Live preview: on
Base theme: adapt to system
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

1 Like

I just tried this, and once I type the backslash and only the backslash, focus is lost, and it inserts an extra ]. And then the keyboard focus is lost again.

1 Like