Navigating the canvas becomes more and more difficult the bigger it gets.
One idea is to be able to create a kind of table of contents (TOC) for the current canvas (or for it to be automatically generated). The TOC could serve a double purpose:
- show an overview of the canvas
- allow you to navigate the canvas
A few details:
- The TOC could appear in the Outline panel.
- The table of contents could contain all groups within the canvas; nested groups could appear as nested items in the TOC.
- Clicking on an item in the TOC could select and center you on the respective group.