[Bug] Settings show exclamation mark in circle with no way to see associated message

For reference this is the “exclamation mark in a circle” I am referring to - the screenshot is from the desktop version of Obsidian’s Sync core plugins settings. You get this when you toggle any of the Selective Sync or Vault configuration sync settings on or off and hover your mouse over it:

On mobile devices there’s no way to see the “Please update this option and restart app…” message because there is no hover state and tapping on the exclamation mark doesn’t show it.

Steps to reproduce

In the Obsidian Mobile app on iOS or iPadOS, go into the settings for the Sync core plugin and toggle on any of the Selective Sync or Vault configuration sync settings on or off. It will then show an exclamation mark to the left of it.

Expected result

Since there’s no way to hover over the exclamation mark and see the message like on desktop, I should be able to tap it to see the message.

Actual result

Nothing happens when tapping it.

Environment

Tested on an iPhone and iPad (both on iOS 16.1) running Obsidian 1.4.1 (83)

Thanks!

1 Like

I condensed the title and added “[Bug]” to it (tho the devs might recategorize it as a feature request).

Thanks for reporting this!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.