Using latest version: 1.4.16 on MacOS Sonoma.
I had been doing a lot of work in Obsidian over the past few days, both with settings and files. All this was on my desktop computer.
This morning I opened my notebook and started Obsidian.
Files synced correctly from desktop to notebook, at least as far as I can tell.
Hovever, Obsidian really screwed up syncing of settings on the desktop where I had been making changes.
On the desktop it,
- reverted the theme back to older theme from notebook
- reverted the Use WikiLinks setting to OFF
- reverted the Warn Before Deleting setting to OFF
- over-wrote, as in removed, all changes I had made to Hotkeys
- over-wrote, as in removed, all changes I had made for QuickAdd
- over-wrote, as in removed, all changes I had made to Supercharged Links
- over-wrote, as in removed, all changes I had made to Style Settings
Back on the desktop, I entered in all my changes for Supercharged Links and Style Settings again, only for Obsidian to over-write them a second time.
Finally, after the third attempt, Obsidian on the notebook accepted the updates instead of pushing its older versions over to the desktop computer.
I’m using the paid Obsidian Sync Service.
Did I do something wrong?
Have others experienced this kind of failure?
Is it a bug?
Searched for sync problems, sync overwrite