Switching from Roam Research to Obsidian - how is it?

Hello guys,

I recently made the switch from roam research to obsidian, I made a video about it with the motivations and pros and cons of each platform: Switching from RoamResearch to Obsidian: Pros & Cons - YouTube

Let me know if you have any question.

1 Like

Nice, I just learned about the Zoom plugin from your video. I like your feature idea that it should include the ability to browse one level up. I noticed it is one of the feature requests already logged in the project: One-level Zoom Out · Discussion #28 · vslinko/obsidian-zoom · GitHub

You mention how it takes work to setup the plugins you want to use, such as Templates. I think this was a good decision, since there is no single “proper” way to use Obsidian, it makes it easy to customize to your tastes and keep Obsidian very simple if you choose. Likewise, with Vim and Emacs, I keep fairly basic features only.

13m12s: Syncing settings is a feature that was added in 0.12.8 Obsidian Release v0.12.8
(Though I haven’t tested it myself.)

Thanks for your feedbacks, I guess having flexibility when it comes to Obsidian configuration is a nice thing, but it can be a double edged sword - the setting syncing feature definitely help in that regard.

I’m a developer myself, I’ll try to submit a cr for the one level zoom out feature, keep you posted.

Thanks,
Rached.