Store links via Pocket

This is a very particular workflow for me, but I wanted (a) to be able to save links from all of the devices I use to read the internet, and (b) have them easily accessible in Obsidian. Here’s what I came up with:

1. I use Pocket to save links
  2. I made an IFTTT workflow to send these links to an AirTable spreadsheet
  3. I use the following script to download those links onto a single markdown file which I open in Obsidian to read.

Hope it’s useful for someone else!

3 Likes

I’m having some trouble getting your script to work.

If I try running it un-edited (other than replacing the variables), I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./airtable.py", line 11, in <module>
    from airtable import Airtable
  File "/home/r3bl/scripts/airtable.py", line 11, in <module>
    from airtable import Airtable
ImportError: cannot import name 'Airtable'

If I modify from airtable import Airtable to just import airtable and then lowercase the word “airtable” in links_tbl and archive_tbl, I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "./airtable.py", line 81, in <module>
   main()
 File "./airtable.py", line 24, in main
   table_name='Links')
TypeError: 'module' object is not callable

I could use some help getting it to work.

Hey, I’m sorry I took so long to respond, I didn’t check the forum.

You definitely installed the Python Airtable wrapper using pip install airtable-python-wrapper, not pip install airtable, right? There doesn’t seem to be an official API, but I used this one: https://github.com/gtalarico/airtable-python-wrapper

Here’s what I see from my REPL:

In [1]: from airtable import Airtable                                                                               
In [3]: import airtable                                                                                             
In [4]: airtable                                                                                                    
Out[4]: <module 'airtable' from '/Users/rachit/bin/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/airtable/__init__.py'>