Standardize mouse hover+ctrl for hover preview

Steps to reproduce

I have hover preview on. I look at the backlinks, and just hovering my mouse over a backlink shows the preview, which makes it really hard to just scroll through the results. Currently, I have to scroll with my mouse over either the left margin or the right margin of the backlinks.

Expected result

I believe the hover preview should only occur when I’m holding command, like everywhere else.

1 Like

Add the following css snippet:

.popover.hover-popover {
    margin: 20px 0 0 100px;
}

Margins can be adjusted according to personal preferences. Anyway, this results in a preview which doesn’t get in the way when going through search results (doesn’t work for backlinks though, as there isn’t any space left to the right - in this case the css classes should be adjusted in order to result in different behavior for varying panes…)

1 Like

In 0.11.11, ctrl/cmd will be needed to show hover previews in search & backlinks

2 Likes

Does this include ctrl+hover preview for the the internal link in the document body?

We will experiment with ctrl-hover for preview too, but if there is pushback we will revert.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for listening… and implementing! Thank you very much indeed.

Olivier :-{)

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.