Squares instead of fonts in the 'file manager' when browsing for vaults

Steps to reproduce

Install > start obsidian > create a new vault > name the vault > browse for location.

Expected result

Expecting to see characters instead of squares when browsing for vault w/ the ‘file manager’

Actual result

Seeing squares instead of characters when browsing for vaults w the ‘file manager’

Environment

• Operating system: Fedora-36 in Qubes
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.15.9
    Installer version: v0.15.9
    Operating system: #1 SMP Tue Jul 5 16:22:24 CEST 2022 5.15.52-1.fc32.qubes.x86_64
    Login status: not logged in
    Insider build toggle: off
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

Installed Obsidian with snap --dangerous. Have tried the usual fixes with repopulating the caches of fontconfigs in /home and systemwide, to no avail. Seems like I am not the only one with this kind of problem and it seems to be connected to snap/electron, things not being up to date on your side. But then again.

search the forum, this was asked other times.

Have searched: Linux, corrupt, font, character, squares, browse, vault, file explorer. All these in different combinations, w Linux through all. Also done “site:” search in duckduckgo. There is a lot about square brackets, not much about corrupted fonts. Then again, I am no super searcher.

The closest so far is this thread. The solution is to install w AppImage but I prefer to avoid that out of security reasons, snaps are wobbly enough.

As you say, there are threads about this on the forum already. Probably. I just don’t find them.

Anyone experiencing smtn similar? A link or any pointer is appreciated.

Cheers!