Spellcheck

I would definitely appreciate this, I often misspel when I’m freeflowing!

5 Likes

This is a must-have for me. This is one of only 2 things holding me back from fully embracing Obsidian right now

9 Likes

Also for me, this is crucial :wink:

4 Likes

I would also kill for a spellchecker

up vote for this one! plug in or native it’s a must have for any writing app.

4 Likes

I am well known as the King of Typos!

+1 Mac spell checker
+1 Grammarly

@kbrede, provided a bash script solution via Aspell here.

3 Likes

System spellchecker has the added bonus of text expansion and replacement, at least on Mac.

5 Likes

+1 For system spellcheck

1 Like

Support 3rd party tools, like Grammarly, will be great.
+1 Grammarly

6 Likes

+1 for system

In great demand for spellcheck.

+1 for me as well

Really love the app. Thank you for the amazing work :heart: A spell check feature would be killer and is probably my #1 ask

Implemented for english.

Spell checker was added in 0.7.5 and a user dictionary is added in 0.7.6.

If you need another language, please open a separate feature request; I’m moving this main thread to archived.

1 Like

It is also possible to use the text espander espanso for auto-correction mis-spelled words, e.g. with the following espanso package:

With espanso, the auto-correction is not limited to which text editor to use.

One can also define own espanso packages for spell check or for other purposes.

Hi!

Is there a way to allow Obsidian to use the spell check and dictionaries features of the operating system?

My primary system is Linux, and like everyone else, we have a variety of solutions like Aspell / Spell that could make it “easier” to add spell check support for many languages.

I looked for it here on the forum, but I didn’t find anything similar to that.

Thanks in advance.

003-twitter :vulcan_salute:t2:

3 Likes

LanguageTool is better than Grammarly, as it is Open Source and available in other languages than English. Users can chooses which API they use, while Grammarly is bound to Google.

4 Likes

+100 for LanguageTool!

2 Likes

Spell checking definitely isn’t working for me. I’m running Obsidian 0.11.16 in ubuntu 18.04.
Any ideas why it might not be working? Or has anyone else experienced this problem?