Sort hotkeys to the top

Use case or problem

When I’m setting my hotkeys, it’s difficult to find the ones I am looking for.

Proposed solution

It would be nice, if I could

1. pin set hotkeys to the top,
  2. group them according to their plugin
  3. list them, by use case
  4. sort by category (e.g. cursor navigation, appearance,…)

Related feature requests (optional)

it would be nice, to safe the settings to a markdown file, so that the settings could be imported and exported.

4 Likes

If I may add to your list:

1. It would also be nice to be able to sort or filter by commands which are already assigned vs. not-assigned.

2. And to be able to search the list by assigned keys/modifiers. So if you know the hotkey, but don’t know the command, you can quickly find the command that you have mapped to a given key, or check if a key combination is available.

Responses to your list:

1. Just checking, are you aware that you can filter/search hotkeys?

2. As far as I can tell, every hotkey related to a plugin has a prefix. Which makes it easy to group and search by plugin.

1. Can you give an example of a “use case” that could be used as grouping? To me it seems like your point #3 and #4 are the same. But if you have some examples, maybe I misunderstood.

2. Makes sense. Or things like “editing”, “panes”, “graph”. A few logical groupings that could be filtered, navigated, or expanded/collapsed would definitely be nice.

Your “Related feature” idea: Hotkeys are already saved to a file that you can backup and transfer:
YourVault/.obsidian/hotkeys.json

2 Likes

Related feature requests:

1 Like

Some/most of these things are possible in 1.2. I suggest you open a new and more specific FR for what is missing.