Sometimes when I past into Obsidian the color changes?

Things I have tried

I’ve searched this online but I don’t think I’m wording it correctly. Thank you in advance for this it’s driving me nuts!

What I’m trying to do

1 Like

Maybe because you are pasting from an html source?

Or what do you mean “changes”? Changes from what to what? Can you post a screenshot?

If you want to paste without formatting, ctrl-shift-V should be the shortcut on Windows. Cmd-shift-V on MacOS I think.

2 Likes

To add to rigamarole’s answer: You can also right-click “paste as plain text”. Also, check the indentation of things you are pasting. If they are too indented compared to the content around them, I think Obsidian will interpret them as code, equivalent to putting text inside ` which it changes color.
Does any of this help?

2 Likes

Thank you for your help. Could you recommend any good resources that I could look this what I’m assuming is basic stuff? I would like the items in red to be the standard white.

Thank you in advance

It looks like you have spaces before your numbers. In Markdown, this causes a pre-formatted block. It’s red because that’s the color your CSS theme uses for pre-formatted blocks.

If you remove the space, it should turn back to regular text.

1 Like

For a specific suggestion on how to follow rigmarole’s advice:
Try selecting the red-text area and using Shift+Tab to de-indent it.

2 Likes

Awesome, Thank you so much! I know it’s not a big deal but it was aggravating me. I’ll use Shift + Tab.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.