Smart(er) Text Styling?

Hi,

Previously a Notion user that has always kept a keen eye on Obsidian and with the latest Live Preview mode I’ve finally committed to Obsidian full time :tada:

One thing I’m still hoping to remove some friction around is styling text e.g. bold, italics, strikethrough, etc.

My desired workflow:

• Place the cursor over a word I want to bold, without selecting the entire word, press a hotkey, and just that word gets bolded. Pressing the same hotkey again unbolds just that word.
  • Additionally, before bolding the word, it should first check to make sure that I’m not already within a bolded set of 2 or more words e.g. “here are multiple words that have been bolded”. In this case if my cursor was after the h then it should remove the bolding for that set of words.
  • Bonus: ability to style an entire line/block by placing the cursor at the beginning/end of a line/word

Does anyone know of a plugin that does this or would it be difficult to build one to do this?

Thx

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.