Slow render of internal links on Live Preview mode

Steps to reproduce

Reduce font to 14px or smaller, create a file with many lines of bullets, each of which include internal links to other notes. Enable live preview (WYSIWYG) mode and navigate to the page either via forward or back buttons or via quick switcher.

Expected result

The page loads in preview mode with no visible markdown notation.

Actual result

The links further down the file will display with block notation [[]] and unhighlighted before rendering as normal theme-highlighted text after some load time.

Environment

• Operating system: iOS 16, iPhone 13
  • Debug info:

SYSTEM INFO:
Operating system: ios 16.0 (Apple iPhone)
Obsidian version: 1.4.0 (80)
API version: v1.0.0
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: supporter
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 12
Plugins enabled: 12
1: Dataview v0.5.47
2: Kanban v1.4.5
3: Recent Files v1.3.3
4: Calendar v1.5.10
5: Excalidraw v1.7.24
6: QuickAdd v0.5.5
7: Natural Language Dates v0.6.1
8: Editor Syntax Highlight v0.1.3
9: Paste URL into selection v1.7.0
10: Advanced Tables v0.17.3
11: Checklist v2.2.8
12: DB Folder v2.7.1

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Community plugins: for bugs, please first try updating all your plugins to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community plugins.

Additional information

1 Like

I have a similar issue on MacOS (MacBook Air M1)

Post a screen recording of this happening in the sandbox vault and attach a copy of the file that is causing this.

Thanks for the quick reply! Not sure what the sandbox vault is, but in a brand new vault with no plugins enabled I was able to reproduce.

Screen recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FKPk4zcsUgu4CwwBTY-nxiBPBYsawTMK/view?usp=drivesdk

I created a test file in a brand new vault with no community plugins installed, with the following contents:

then I did the following:

• clicked through the links in the test file to create them as files in the new vault.
  • changed Editor font size to 14px
  • folded all headings

Then navigating to the page via quick switcher (need to be on another page and navigate TO the problem page) or by nav back buttons, you will see the bottom ones clip and have the slow rendering problem.

@WhiteNoise just wanted to see if the steps I followed were sufficient!

the steps are sufficient. This is not going to get “fixed” anytime soon.