Sliding Panes (Andy Matuschak Mode) Plugin

Can you please add a hotkey for switching between panes? Like what tab buttons does for windows

@Archie: Obsidian’s built-in hotkeys for Focus on pane to the left and Focus on pane to the right also work for switching between the sliding panes of this plugin. Just go to Settings->Hotkeys and set them to whatever specific keyboard shortcuts you want.

2 Likes

Thanks, problem solved

Is there a way to get the sliding panes to work with files in Editor mode? So far, I’m only able to do it by Ctrl+click in preview mode.

@trydalch: it has always worked like that. Maybe uninstall/reinstall ?

Mac OS 11.2.1
Obsidian 0.11.0

this is not working at all! I expected it would work/act like the published version, but so far nothing happens. I Cmd+Click and the link opens in a right-hand panel that is halfway off the screen. I can not scroll horizontally, nor get a full view of the new panel. None of the headers are rotated.

So - @death.au - what am I doing wrong?

[edited for clarity]

To add to this - I turned off all plugins except this one. I opened five notes. Each note got a column, none of them overlapped, none of the headers became vertical spines. Here’s a screenshot w/ 3 notes open.

It’s nothing to do with macOS, as we are on the same. Try Settings / Community Plugins / Andy Mode and disable and re-enable the plugin. That’s all I can think of.

Nope, nada. I also do not get a horizontal scroll bar. Something is pretty borked. :frowning:

Tried under a few different themes including default :man_shrugging:

Choose default theme, disable all Community plugins and enable Andy Mode first, then check if you have sliding windows. If not, rinse and repeat until you find Andy sliding windows. The dev may be your next step.

already tried all that, same. I tagged the dev, might open an issue on Github but, like you said, seems to be something in my own setup?

I follow this Andy Matuschak mode - V2.7 (updated for 0.7+ new panes) - #4 by nickmilo

Good idea - uninstalled the plugin, tried the CSS. Same. Adding panels just squeezes them smaller and smaller. Headers never switch to vertical spines or overlap. I’m really confused!

SUCCESS!
Deleted CSS file, removed plugin. Downloaded and manually installed previous version of plugin (3.2.1) - ding! Working mostly as expected now.

Silly question - does this only work when you Ctrl+Click? Was kinda hoping it would always be on for regular clicks. Maybe there’s a setting for this?

2 Likes

I just hold Ctrl and don’t question it, but I but it would be nice to know. Glad to hear Windows are sliding.

I am having the exact same problem: Toggling the plugin on/off makes the original style panes act separated from each other.

If you use a lot of panes with this plugin, you might want to try the Pane Relief plugin, too, as it lets you:

• Reorganize your panes via the keyboard (no more delicate drag and drop only to end up in the wrong spot),
  • Jump to specific panes via the keyboard (numbered hotkeys like tabs in a browser), and
  • Keep separate navigation history for each open pane
6 Likes

Is there still no cure to this issue?.. I keep re-installing the plugin with a hope of a solution but no luck?..

Or am I the only one who’s still having issues?

This has happened to me before and doing a reload of the workspace fixes it for me.

i.e. what used to be the Cmd/Ctrl+R shortcut, but can now be accessed via the Command Palette: “Reload app without saving”

1 Like

It does!. Thank you :v: I’d rather have the plugin and/or obsidian itself solve it natively though :man_shrugging: