Setting an "End of the month" due date with Tasks plugin

Things I have tried

What I’m trying to do

I’m trying to set up a recurring, monthly task that is due on the last day of each month.

I’ve tried various natural language phrases such as:

• last day of the month
  • end of the month

But Tasks does not recognize these phrases in the Due field. It does recognize “Every month on the last” in the recurrence field, but when I do this without a due date, the task doesn’t seem to get created (and it certainly doesn’t show up in my Daily Notes Task Query.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to give the task a due date otherwise it is never due then add the recurrence pattern.

If you want to see it working you could try creating a task due on 31 July & recurring monthly on the last day & complete it to see a new task due today.

1 Like

Do you know if it’s smart enough to know how to handle months with less than 31 days?

I don’t have personal experience of using it but it is listed in the help files and it isn’t actually a difficult calculation being 1st day of month - 1 day.

1 Like

try end of next month

2 Likes

@pshev
That did it. I never tried the word “next.” I always wrote “End of the month” instead. Thank you so much

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.