Self-hosted LiveSync (ex:Obsidian-livesync) released

Thank you for using this plugin!
But it is something mysterious.
Your vaults have been synced once, but no more sync again…

Please check the remote URI and databases are exactly the same once again?

The latest change sequence no is shown in the sync log, if you enable verbose log. update_seq is so.

Have you enabled any sync?

If any sync is enabled, it could not be able to
change.

Double checked the connection to the database, URI, username, password, database name and all he same. I hosted my couchdb behind the caddy, CORS sets to enabled with “*” or “app://obsidian.md,capacitor://localhost,http://localhost” still acts the same. If the CORS is set to disabled then each peer cannot connect to the database. Since the first time android app could download all the notes, I think it may not be the issue of CORS. I will try to capture network packets on the database and see if anything goes wrong.

I found two files under my couchdb docker:

• /couchdb/data/shards/00000000-7fffffff/obsidian.1638094448.couch
  • /couchdb/data/shards/80000000-ffffffff/obsidian.1638094448.couch

Would this mean I have two vault to sync with mobile and laptop app separately?

Thank you for checking your settings! And your CORS configurations are right.
Splitting shard is the normal behavior of CouchDB. It’s for clustered Databases. Do not worry about it.

Are there any warnings shown on Settings Dialog?
The warning is shown with the red border. like this:

These warnings are shown after being replicated once.

If any warnings are shown, please answer each warning and try to replicate again.

Yes there were two warnings and I have checked both of them on each peer, one is this about incompatibly and another is about lock the database for damage.

It’s quite strange, I’ll check with the public couchdb service and see if my docker (apache/couchdb, v3.2.1) causes the issue.

Never mind, it’s notified from Self-hosted LiveSync.

Sometimes, by timing problem, the plugin detects the differences caused by the migration of local databases (or false positive.)

The plugin stops replications as safely as possible.

When once detected, It won’t be shown by the next incompatible version up.

Please try resolving warnings. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes you’re right Thanks. I supposed that the plugin supports webdav sync but I am wrong since I haven’t read your post carefully. :joy:

Never mind. Thank you for your great work.

I tried with two laptops today, and they could sync up with each other, with the same server and same configurations, seems it’s only my Android mobile has the issue. I’ll try to find out why.

Two questions:

• the “Device and Vault name”, is it just an identifier for different device or is it must be the same on different peer?
  • I see “local database” mentioned in the settings, where is the local database locates? I couldn’t find it on Windows or Android.

I’m glad to hear that your PC could be synced!
Then we have to solve the Android problem.
If you set Android to “Developer mode” and enable debugging. Your device will be inspected by PC.
After connecting to pc, open “chrome://inspect/#devices” on your Chrome, you will get all verbose log messages and network errors.
Could you try this?

Answers:

• Device and Vault name
    These are the settings for synchronizing plugins and settings. if you don’t use it, never mind. But it must be a different value between devices.
  • Loca Database:
    This is transparent for you. Please refer techical informations

The plugin stopped working for me today. Self-hosted cloudant on IBMC, I can connect to the database (using the plugin Test button) but when I press Sync it doesn’t do anything. The Sync shows a ‘square’ symbol meaning it’s stopped. Looking at the log (ctrl+shift+I) I see “VM264:6951 Uncaught (in promise) Error: Request Error:404
at eval (eval at (app.js:1:1444405), :6951:21)
at Generator.next ()
at fulfilled (eval at (app.js:1:1444405), :54:24)”

Can anyone help

Hi! Thank you for asking me!
It’s caused by the new API and first synchronization.
I fixed this on v0.8.2. Could you please try this?

1 Like

I have two vault, and I want to sync the two vaults separately through the same couchdb. I tried it and it doesn’t seem to work. The sync will overlap the two vaults. is there any way to do that?

I’ve been encountering an issue after setting up “CouchDB” version 3.3.3 on my Unraid server. I aim to sync my Obsidian notes using the "self-host live Sync "plugin, and while I believe I’ve configured everything correctly, I’m running into a “Could not make design documents” error during the sync process.

I’ve double-checked my permissions, gone through the usual troubleshooting steps like restarting the CouchDB service, and scrutinizing the log files, but to no avail. This is my first time deploying CouchDB on Unraid, so I’m wondering if I might have missed a crucial step in the configuration, especially since I’ve altered the default file storage paths to save data on my array.

Would any seasoned Unraid or CouchDB users be able to offer some guidance? Or if you’ve faced and resolved a similar issue before, could you share your solution?

I’d greatly appreciate any help you can provide!