Seeing two different vaults in the same graph

Hey All,

I am a new user of Obsidian, mainly planning on using Obsidian for life journaling, research, and misc. Now, I was thinking about creating different vaults for different purposes to keep my stuff organized. However, once in a while, It would be nice to be able to see all the vaults in one graph by checking connections between my work and other things that I am doing. Is there a way to do that?

Also, to the pro users. Do you think that’s an excellent way to do it? Should I keep everything in the same vault? Howe should I go about using the app to make the most out of it?

Very little is easily done between vaults. They’re separate entities, and should renaun that way in my opinion. You can make links into another vault using the Obsidian urls.

There is also a possibility to make an outer vault where one (or more) of the sub folders of that vault are also vaults on their own. That could in theory solve your request as your outer vault could show the graph of its entire vault (which would include both the inner vaults). I’m unsure on which side effects this would have to intermix three vaults like that, so I’m hesitant to even write about it.

Regarding your last part I think most people use their vaults so very differently that is hard to give generic advice, as your use case is a unique case where you’re given an excellent tool, and depending on ones own skill and comfort levels can be made into a multitude of beasts to accommodate that particular situation.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.