Search for character "-", not - as in eliminating results

What I’m trying to do

i am making a database for a conlang, and it is that words -in- -dashes- like this are the conlang words {and this is for english} (to make it easier to search for each separately).
However, since ‘-’ in the search bar indicates to eliminate the following string from the search… nothing shows up. When a character also doubles as a search command, is there a way to search for the character itself?

Things I have tried

I may have to come up with another way to delineate those words… but batch renaming files is a pain, and also the -word- looks the neatest

If you put quotes around the search, e.g. "-in-" "-dashes-", does that return the result(s) you are looking for?

2 Likes

With your documents in e.g. folder “conlang”
I added a file called: “Search for character “-“.md” containing

i am making a database for a conlang, and it is that words -in- -dashes- like this are the conlang words {and this is for english} (to make it easier to search for each separately).
However, since ‘-’ in the search bar indicates to eliminate the following string from the search… nothing shows up. When a character also doubles as a search command, is there a way to search for the character itself?

Things I have tried

I may have to come up with another way to delineate those words… but batch renaming files is a pain, and also the -word- looks the neatest

Searching for -word- , use
path:"conlang" /-word-/

To show all of them …
path:"conlang" /-\w+-/

I added a file called: “-dashes-.md” containing

file describing … “dashes”

path:"conlang" /-dashes-/

… does that help at all?

perfect! putting all the words in a folder and using the path search, the search now works as i want. for instance “path:cais/-a” shows all the words starting in a

thanks!!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.