Search between links

Use case or problem

I would like to be able to search for pages based on the pages that link them.

This is most relevant for me when I have created a note for an author, a note for a topic, and a note for their paper on that topic, but I can’t remember what the paper is called.

Proposed solution

I would like to be able to search for notes that I have linked from both [[author]] and [[topic]], so I can find [[paper name]]. Ideally there would also be an option to turn on unlinked mentions so if I typed out “paper name” on their page but forgot to link it, it would still show up.

Another example: I am looking for [[Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone]] but I can’t remember what it’s called. I just know that it’s written by [[J.K. Rowling]] and about [[magic]]. It would be great if multiple notes could be searched, such as [J.K. Rowling]] and [[magic]] and [[books I have read]].

Current workaround (optional)

If I use a local graph to two levels, I can sometimes see what I’m looking for if I don’t have too many links. A potential feature could be to have an option to allow multiple local graphs “points” to visualize any connections between them.

I think this is already possible, and the Vantage plugin can help you do this, unless I’m misunderstanding.