Sanctum Theme

Thank you. Much appreciated!

1 Like

Thank you so much for this update! You added settings for all the little things I was tweaking before. This theme is the absolute best.

Edit: You’re the absolute best.

1 Like

I have been using this theme for quite long. But I didn’t update it till yesterday. (truth be told I didn’t even know till yesterday that you can update the themes). After the update I, didn’t like the new Text Highlights. I want that old underline style highlight. So, I checked the Obsidian forum. I found this statement in your changelog, but I don’t know how to do it. If you could provide the snippet that would be quite helpful.

There is a snippet available in the github repository for the old highlight effect. If you encounter any issues with it, be sure to let me know, and I’ll make the necessary changes. It will only affect the normal highlights (==highlight==), but I can expand it to work on the other 2.

Hello there,
I really enjoy the Sanctum theme and it’s features! Thank you very much.

However, I discovered yesterday that the checkboxes inside a Kanban board card does not show on the board. So I mean the ‘subtasks’ that are inserted with <br> inline.
Since they are showing with the default theme, I guess it is something to do with the new update of Sanctum?
Before the update, I remember they were showing. Would be cool, if you could check on that when you get to it :slight_smile: Thanks very much!

Sanctum v0.6.3

Added:

• added Style Settings option for toggling heading lvl 5 & 6 uppercase
  • added Style Settings option for square checkboxes
  • added @kepano’s Image Grid snippet. You can toggle it in Style Settings, or, in case you’re using the Minimal Theme Settings plugin, it’s also compatible with its toggle
  • added @kepano’s Minimal Cards snippet. You can customize them using Style Settings

Changed:

• changed heading level indicators positions
  • added pin to left sidebar on mobile

Deprecated:

• custom kanban cssClass has been disabled for now

Fixed:

• added fix for graph controls text bug interaction with translucent background, in linux systems
  • fixed delete modal button styling issues
  • fixed active file text height issue on mobile
  • fixed an issue where custom accent coloured buttons would bug out in dark mode
  • fixed split tags in Editing View
  • fixed wrapping, internal link styling, and list item markers in dataview tables
1 Like

I’ll add it to the Roadmap, and see what I can find out about it :slight_smile:

Thanks man. I found the snippet and it worked really good. It would be great if it can be expanded to other 2 also.

I have another request: There’s a plugin called TABLE EXTENDED (extends the functions of basic markdown table). Your theme works with the plugin quite fine. But sometimes it doesn’t render properly or altogether breaks.

Hi, I’m using Sanctum and it is turning some of my nodes red on my graph. It looks to be notes that don’t have any content inside them. I don’t really need this but can’t figure out how to shut it off.

What I would like to be able to do is turn orphans that don’t link to anything else red.

I hope I’m in the right place to ask this. Could you point me to where I might fix this?

Thanks.

You can change the graph colors if you have the Style Settings plugin installed. Under Style Settings, go to Sanctum Theme / Colors / Graph Colors. Here you can change the “unresolved node color” from red to something else.

I’m not sure if there really is a method for changing the color of orphan notes. I’ve searched the forums but have not found anything useful.

So after a prolonged hiatus, I’m back developing the theme. :slight_smile: From now on, I’ll do my best to make this a rolling release theme, meaning, I’ll keep publishing updates as I develop it, and will from time to time bundle all those smaller updates into a somewhat digestible changelog for people to check if they want. Don’t forget you can also follow the development over on github, under the ‘Projects’ tab, where I have a Roadmap of the things I’m working on, and issues that have been solved.

Without further ado, here’s

Sanctum for Obsidian v0.15.6. :slight_smile:

• Updated Scroll Bar width and formatting
  • Resize Handles are now restored to former glory, and are also bigger on hover
  • Fixed some vertical spacing in Settings modal
  • Fixed bug in File Explorer where some of files at the end weren’t visible
  • Fixed an issue with Heading indicators, where it would generate a duplicate if both options were toggled (also fixed text in Style Settings)
  • Fixed bug where view action buttons (Current View, Close, More Options) weren’t visible with the Sliding Panes Plugin
  • Added some Callout formatting
  • Fixed bug where words of links and aliases would break to the next line
  • Fixed bug where YAML codeblocks written throughout a note would be hidden unless toggling “Show YAML” option in Style Settings
  • Fixed bug where some checkboxes would be tiny in certain plugin menus (namely Breadcrumbs)
  • Fonts can now be set in the obsidian native app, under Appearance. I’ve removed the Fonts option from Style Settings for the time being. I’ll work on fixing certain instances of code where the old font family terminology is still used
  • Fixed bug where checkboxes would have strange formatting when embedded in a note
  • Fixed bug where hashtags would not show completely or would have a duplicate ‘#’ in Live Preview
  • Fixed bug where link styling would not work properly inside callouts
  • Fixed bug where highlights would have incorrect colours when inside callouts
  • Fixed bug where unordered list markers would not show in alternate order (do keep in mind there’s a current limit of 10 levels atm)
  • Fixed bug where callouts inside callouts would acquire ‘paraphrase’ or ‘cite’ formatting
  • Fixed bug where mouse pointers would cause false selection in prompts (quick switcher etc)
  • Fixed bug where Table headers wouldn’t follow specified alignment (also learned one could specify that when making a table)
  • Fixed visual bug where tables would not follow their formatting in Live Preview
  • Added new Community Themes description
  • Other small adjustments
2 Likes

Starting to look at this new version, I discovered a typo.
In the style settings > typography > headings > sizes, you have set the default size for H5 at 1.875rem, which would make it bigger than H1! I assume you meant 1.075, which puts it between H4 and H6 in size.

Couple of questions:

1. The scrollbar in the outline pane is not there, and I cannot find the rule in the theme’s CSS file that does that.
    Please tell me how I can make the scrollbar visible.

2. I would also like the scrollbar in the text pane to be wider. I tried this but it does not work:

::-webkit-scrollbar:active {
  width: .75rem !important;
}

Thanks for pointing it out, I’ll make sure to fix that!

1. The scrollbar in the outline pane is not there, and I cannot find the rule in the theme’s CSS file that does that.
    Please tell me how I can make the scrollbar visible.

The theme disables most scrollbars, and has some options to enable them in specific areas, like in a note, settings menu, or navigation, etc. I haven’t enabled it for the outline pane yet, but that can be changed.

1. I would also like the scrollbar in the text pane to be wider. I tried this but it does not work:

From my experience, messing with scrollbars is a bit annoying, but I can try to add options for changing the width, since I can see some people not liking it so small before hovering (or even after hovering for that matter).

OK, I’ll await the update.

Sanctum for Obsidian v0.15.7

Here’s the latest changes. Currently developing in Obsidian v0.15.7

• Fixed Scrollbar background color
  • Added option to customize Scrollbar width
  • Added option to disable Scrollbar in outline pane (now enabled by default)
  • Added option for Vertical Scrollbar Arrows
  • Fixed formatting issues in Selected theme
  • Fixed cite in LP (it now doesn’t float right unless it’s in Reading View)
  • Minor changes in Button styling
  • Multi-Color Highlights’ colours now pop more
  • Fixed Indentation Guides
  • Fixed Custom checkbox sizes
  • Added a bit more white space between list markers and items
  • Dark theme notifications now show up with the accent colour as background. This is to improve contrast without losing legibility, once compared to the light theme
  • Input Slider now increases size on hover, and has a few more details. It is also longer in width
  • Fixed Settings buttons spacing, as well as hover colours and contrast
  • Smoothed out the animation of toggle switches and fine tuned their sizes
  • Added a bit more weight to mod-cta buttons on dark theme
  • Added labels to progress elements depending on their value, and styled the meter element to match them

Do keep in mind that you might be able to enjoy new features as well as bug fixes before I publish these changes, since I keep updating the theme throughout the week.

1 Like

Sanctum for Obsidian v0.15.8

• Dark mode accent colours are now darker, matching light theme. They are still treated separately, so you can pick your preset for each one with Style Settings
  • Buttons have undergone a small visual cleanup, nothing too drastic
  • Improved keyboard navigation on buttons, toggles, sliders, text inputs, dropdown menus, and the folder/file navigation bar
  • Changed code snippets background to a slight translucent colour. This change should be most noticeable in colour schemes other than the default ones
  • Fixed components using IBM Plex regardless of the font set in the Appearance menu
  • There’s new Bug Report and Feature Request templates over on Github
  • Improved contrast between Titles and descriptions in the settings menu
  • Highlight Colours are back in Style Settings, with a few presets to choose from
  • Added placeholder icon for incomplete task - [/] .
  • Fixed issue where custom tasks would get an unintended effect when hovered
  • Made some spacing adjustments to File Navigation
  • There’s a new indeterminate progress element. Simply add an html progress element without giving it a value, to see it appear
  • Progress elements now show a “value/max” label
  • Input slider got reworked. It’s now simpler, the decorative min and max labels now actually display the min and max values, and has some neat interactions when one hovers or uses them
  • Updated callouts to now support the pseudo-admonitions’ icons and added a couple more. They now follow the theme’s icons and colour palette. Here’s the list:
    • annotation, note
    • abstract, summary, tldr
    • info
    • todo
    • hint, tip
    • important
    • success, check, done
    • cue, question, help, faq
    • warning, caution, attention
    • failure, fail, missing
    • danger
    • error
    • debug, bug
    • example
    • quote, cite
    • win, reward
    • pros, positive
    • cons, negative
    • bookmark, reference
    • idea
    • favorite, favourite
    • location, site
    • alarm, reminder, notification
    • event
    • piggybank, savings
  • A bunch of bug fixing
1 Like

Scrollbars

• I have a scrollbar in the outline pane, but when I toggle it in the Style Settings to disable it, it stays
  • Toggling to disable the scrollbar in modals works, but not in the vertical-tab-nav-item list on the left
  • Toggling to disable the scrollbar in file explorer works
  • Scrollbar arrow buttons does not work.

I am on a Mac.

Loving the theme. One quirk I noticed with the latest update is that my File Info Panel plugin displays in a much larger font than before, so the panel takes up more screen real estate. Do you know how I could reduce the font size again?

Settings > Appearance