Same sort order for folder and files

+1 for this too!

• 1 You are basically forced to create a 000 something folder to keep certain documents on top. Super annoying.

+1 for this

Another +

+1 Please!

Another +

+1, would be really useful!

+1
would love to see the sorting for folder the same as files!

+1 on this as well.

+1, would be really useful!

Just to add my vote that this (“sort files and folders alike”) feature would be really useful. I’m sure everyone has their own favourite example, but I thought the usecase described in Can I sort folders and files continuously in the tree view? particularly compelling.

This shouldn’t be an obstacle for Obsidian’s engineers, but everything I’ve read does say that Windows File Explorer still cannot do this. However, other navigators such as Double Commander implement alternative sorts like this through a user option (Options>Files views>Sorting directories: sort like files).

My own stopgap workaround for now is that every isolated markdown file gets its own folder (same-named only without the md extension). That makes for an extra setup step and then additional mouseclicks on each use, but multiply this by millions of users worldwide and it can’t be a good thing…

1 Like

+1 from me too!

+1 I searched for this problem because it’s a (1st world) problem for me.

+1 Please add this feature. Would be easier to make sense of all files and folders

I would like this — as mentioned, it’s the default on Mac & iOS. It would probably have to be an option because the current way is the default on Windows and both ways have merit.

I need this feature, even if it’s just a community plugin. My sort order requires that files and folders are treated equal in the sorting process.

+1 This feature is so essential in my workflow.

+1 for me as well. essential for my note organization scheme, where a note can either be a simple file, or a directory containing subnotes

+1 - Would love to see this feature as well

1 Like

I say YES
to me it makes a lot of sense since I’m also a Mac user

+1