Right-click heading change does not work anymore

Steps to reproduce

Put cursor on heading, right click, choose “Rename this heading …”, change the heading name in the pop-up box, click done. Heading name has not changed.

Expected result

Heading name should have changed.

Actual result

Heading name has not changed.

Environment

• Operating system:
  • Obsidian version: 0.12.17, installer: 0.12.15

Additional information

The right-click heading change is unpractical. Automatic heading change is much better, just like the automatic file name change in links.

Same here. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, and I haven’t been able to decipher a pattern. (Obs. version 0.12.15, installer v. 0.12.12)
I agree that automatic heading change would be much better.

Can you post a screen recording of this happening in the help vault?
Do you see errors in console when this happens? (ctrl-shift-i)

@WhiteNoise

heading

Ok, does it happen in safe mode or in the help vault?
Because you do have third party plugins enabled and some are even directly influencing the headers.

@WhiteNoise happens in the Help vault too.

Ok, I got the issue.

1 Like

@WhiteNoise thank you. If this is going to be fixed it might be an opportunity to make the heading change automatic, rather than having to remember to use the right-click method as is currently the case.

Making the change automatic/inline is not trivial at all. That’s why it was implemented this way.

@WhiteNoise thanks for opening that feature request, I have given it a heart/upvote.

will be fixed in v0.12.18

@WhiteNoise thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.