Rich-text paste behaviour disruptive

The change that came in with 0.10.1 (I think) that converts rich-text clipboard contents into Markdown results in text that is pasted from Terminal.app containing superfluous HTML like:

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #4395ff} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures} 

Rather than re-training our muscle memory to use a different shortcut to paste as plaintext, could that feature either be given a feature toggle so those of us who don’t need it can turn it off, or alternatively could the behaviour be inverted so the default paste retains the previous behaviour that we’re all used to and a different shortcut can be used to past HTML clipboard contents as Markdown please?

3 Likes

I prefer an option that allows to invert the current behavior, i.e. makes Ctrl-V paste plain and Ctrl-Shift-V paste with format (and similar for Drag&Drop with Shift Key). But I think the current behavior should stay the default option. In nearly all applications, pasting with format is the default, so as annoying as it sometimes is, it is what is expected.

See also Make optional - Turn on/off paste that converts HTML content to Markdown links.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Make optional - Turn on/off paste that converts HTML content to Markdown links