Resizing a pane causes the editor cursor to disappear/lose focus

You’re right @WhiteNoise, this is super minor. In review, it appears that I didn’t communicate the real problem successfully. I’d be fine deleting this and starting over. I should have framed the problem this way.

Open any text editor that you can think of using, so long as you can adjust the window size:

1. Paste in a few paragraphs of text.
  2. Place your cursor somewhere in the text body and remember where
  3. Adjust any of the window borders
  4. With the arrow keys or by typing letters, do something from the keyboard that would move the cursor position.

Notice that you see your text entry or the position of the cursor move

1. Now open at least two Edit panes in Obsidian
  2. Place your cursor somewhere and remember the position
  3. Adjust the window size between two of the open notes
  4. With the arrow keys or by typing letters, do something from the keyboard that would move the cursor position.
  5. Notice that cursor focus is gone.

No other text editor loses cursor focus like that. Seem like a bug.

It’s palatable if you’re in a small document but trying to find where you were in a 20 page document is as trivial as pressing any key in every text editor, except for Obsidian.

2 Likes

Minor, but still irritating!

On a similar note: the cursor position is lost if you hit f2 to rename the note.
I would hope that Enter or Tab from the file name field would return the cursor to where it was before hitting f2.

1 Like

I really hope this can be fixed.

Obsidian is a great tool for me to read markdown book.
Usually I open my book as a pinned pane in editor mode.
Whenever I come up some idea from the book I would open a new note in the other pane and put block reference and some text into it.
But it is annoying that the scroll position always changes when I get back to the book content.
My reading experience will be largely improved if this bug get fixed.

4 Likes

This is very annoying!
When I am editing in Obsidian, and switch to other applications, and come back to Obsidian, the cursor focus will be lost. I had to click with mouse to where I left to resume my editing. Hope this will be fixed soon.

1 Like

will be fixed in v1.5. no ETAs

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.