Replace all asterisks in a given file

Right. If your inputs are that messy, why wouldn’t a batch find/replace work? And if you don’t feel that would work you are left with doing find/replace per file. That’s the choices.

Because its time consuming, If I could automate it, why not! :slight_smile:

We are definitely talking past each other :slight_smile: Several have offered what appear to be good suggestions for replacing asterisks in multiple files, but why that wouldn’t work certainly isn’t obvious or explained. Good luck.

If I am creating 10 notes - Not all at the same time (Of course) It is tedious to search for each junk character like asterisk/caret, then reformat note.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

It is also available from the menu bar (Edit → Paste and Match Style, I think), just in case the key combo isn’t working.

Should also be an option if you right click when the cursor is in a note. I think the syntax is then something along the lines of “paste plain text”. (Not at a computer at the moment to check the wording.)

An online text cleaner might also be an option if you are already online gathering information.

Angel

1 Like

Thank you! :))

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.