Render text in Outline pane instead of showing the raw markdown (reading mode rendering)

If using inner link as heading, then the square brackets are also shown in the outline. I think the square brackets should hidden in the outline.

Is that possible to remove the square brackets in outline when using inner link as heading?

Still very much interested in a native solution! The outline plugin mentioned by @anon63144152 works well but I think it would be great if we wouldnā€™t need a plugin for that!

1 Like

Agreed, it is such a basic thing. It is like the Search and Replace feature across all notes that we have to use a plug-in or something VS Code for. These features are no-brainers, and yet ā€¦ā€¦

Markdown formatting will be stripped beginning with v1.2.3, same goes for publish. Note that this is different from rendering it, so this feature request remains open.

4 Likes

What does that mean in practical terms? What will we notice, and how is it different from rendering?

## My **heading** with a [[wikilink]] and a [markdown link](example.com)

:point_down:

My heading with a wikilink and a markdown link

So, what is the objective of markdown stripping?

Partially address the complains this thread.

I use the Visually Numbered Headings plug-in, which is a very important one for me to navigate long notes.

Will I still be able to use it when markdown stripping is implemented?

I am not familiar with that plugin.

Fair enough.

I am on a Mac. In case v1.2.3 affects the plug-in negatively, is there a way to downgrade back to v1.2.2?

@WhiteNoise how can I downgrade if need be?

2 Likes

Thanks for jumping in, @obsequious . The page that you link to only lists the installer version, not the Insider versions.

1.2.3 is an Insider version, as is 1.2.2. So, if I would want/need to downgrade from 1.2.3 to 1.2.2, where could I find a copy?

Secondly, do you know where is the downgrade procedure is described? I seem to remember vaguely that it was mentioned once or twice in one of the Discord channels quite a long time ago but I did not pay any attention to it because I did not think I would ever need it :blush:

In Discord, ā€œrollback insiderā€ will trigger Carl to provide brief instructions. I recently posted an expanded version here: Downgrading version on mac - #3 by CawlinTeffid

1 Like

Many thanks for providing those instructions. I will bookmark the page. Thanks again! :pray:

A related issue is having LaTeX in headlines. I was about to raise this issue but then came across Render LaTeX in outline - #2 by robotsheepboy and this thread.