Render #TAGS as text not using YAML?

I work with producers on projects, so I open a note for each project and tag the producer in it with #Producer/(name). Using Dataview I built a table to show all my current projects and sort them by producer.

TABLE
	rows.file.link AS "Project"
from #Producer AND -"zArchivedProjects"
FLATTEN file.etags AS Tags
WHERE contains(Tags, "#Producer/")
GROUP BY Tags AS "Producer"
SORT Tags DESC

This is how it looks like:

It works as expected, but I want to try to tweak it even more:

1. Is there any way to render the tags as text instead of being a clickable tag? I did it using YAML tags, but I want to avoid using YAML.

2. Dataview is case-sensitive when reading tags: ‘Producer’ tag show up, but not ‘producer’. Notice Elaine is not showing up, because I tagged her as /producer instead of /Producer, although Obsidian adds her to the correct tag group. Is there any way to avoid this?

Thanks!

I guess the easiest way to make the tags not linkable, is to do substring(Tags, 1) in the group by clause.

To get it to match in-case sensitive try using icontains() instead of contains(). In not sure if you also need this lowercase the text with producer, but I don’t think so.

1 Like

You nailed both questions beautifully. Thank you so much!

PS: I ended changing the substring(Tags, 1) to substring(Tags, 10), so it removed the ‘#Producers/’ text and now I see only the name.

1 Like