Renaming a note renames the enclosing folder

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a folder. Let’s say the folder is named “Fred”.
  2. Create a note within the folder with the same name as the folder. So, the note in this case would be named “Fred”.
  3. Change the name of the note to “Mary”.
  4. Notice that the folder has also be renamed to “Mary”.

Expected result

I should have a note named “Mary” within a folder named “Fred”.

Actual result

Both the note and the folder are now named “Mary”.

Environment

• Operating system: macOS 11.0.1
  • Obsidian version: 0.12.5

Additional information

This is a relative new bug. I used to do this, and it wasn’t a problem. Something has changed recently. It could possibly be some interaction with a plug-in, but I have no idea which one could possibly be the culprit.

Anyway, this is a very annoying bug, and I appreciate your attention. Thanks so much.

Intriguing enough for me to check on Windows. Worked perfectly, no problem. I have no themes or plugins.

Can’t repro. Post a screen recording of this happening in the help vault.

Let me reiterate.
You are supposed to try without plugins before submitting a bug report.

Very sorry about not disabling plugins. When I did that, the problem disappeared. As I re-enabled the plugins one-by-one, I was able to isolate the culprit — Folder Note. I will contact the developer and let him/her know.

I don’t think it is a bug of the plugin. That is what that plugins is supposed to do. It’s a feature.

You are correct. However, I would argue that it is a perfectly valid pattern to have a folder which contains a note of the same name, in which case, Folder Node breaks that pattern. Bottom line: I guess Folder Note is not for me, and I appreciate your assistance.