Readable display names for long/deep tags

Things I have tried

I’ve straight up tried it, looked through documentation (Internal link - Obsidian Help, etc.), and looked at various plugins, such as Colorful Tags, Tag Wrangler, etc.

What I’m trying to do

When creating a backlink, one can specify a display name other than the file’s name.

For example, [[someFile]] can use [[someFile|Contextually Relevant Name]]. When the latter is used, the link will display in Live Preview (when the cursor is off of it) & in View modes as:

Contextually Relevant Name

I am trying to do the same thing, but with tags.

For example the tag, #Tag/tree/with/very/long/set/of/sub/children will always display as #Tag/tree/with/very/long/set/of/sub/children.

I would like to be able to provide a Contextually Relevant Name to a tag. Such as #Tag/tree/with/very/long/set/of/sub/children|short.

Thus, when the tag is used as above, it would display in Live Preview (when the cursor is off of it) & in View modes as:

#short

Is this something that is possible out of the box, or with a plugin? (If not then I should move this to the feature request area.)

I like to use tags right in-line as I go, but when the tag tree starts #growing, they become an #awkward set of unwieldy blobs in the middle of paragraphs.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.