QuickAdd Item List plus free form text?

Things I have tried

I have searched the forums, QuickAdd’s issues, and YouTube. I have a glimmering of how to accomplish what I want, but it’s just not clicking. Hopefully someone can provide a pointer.

What I’m trying to do

I was using a QuickAdd Capture to add a timestamped note under a specific heading in my Daily Note. Essentially creating a log of tasks I worked on through the day:

## Tasks
09:00 - start
09:01 - Emails
09:25 - Phone call
09:45 - Testing ticket 142
Etc.

After about a month of this, I’m seeing a pattern, and recently saw that QuickAdd can do a selection list using

{{VALUE:Item1,Item2,Item3}}

Which is great.

I’d still like to be able to add additional information after selecting one of the items.

Adding another {{VALUE}} in the existing format field sorta of works: it prompts for the free form text first, and then the category. But, records them properly.

I think I can do this by starting with macros (like in the authors YouTube video with his Kanban board) but can’t quite figure out the flow of promoting for the list, then the free form text, then passing all of that to the note.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

DionV

Well, after sleeping on it, and playing with this a bit more, I think I figured it out.

Keeping with my basic Capture, I changed the Capture format section as follows:

{{DATE:HH:MM}} - {{VALUE:Meeting,Emails,Lunch,Testing,Other}} {{VALUE:Details}}

The trick seemed to be with that second {{VALUE}} needing to be named.

Eventually I’ll want to play with some additional formatting for ticket numbers, and meetings to link them to their files, but for now, this works.

I even realized that my original date formatting had an extra space in it {{DATE: HH:MM}} which was causing all my entries to have a leading space. (Copy and paste error from an example, I guess)

DionV

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.