Quick Switcher doesn't follow default location for new notes from "Files & Links" 2

Creating a new note will correctly be made in the default location, but only in some certain cases, see below:

This was not fixed in:

Steps to reproduce

1. In a file, create a link to a file using [[]] to a file that does not create.
  2. Open the quick switcher and look for the file created in step 1.
  3. Press enter on it to create the file with that name.

Expected result

The new note is created according to the default file location set in Files and Links.

(Ideally, I would love this to create it in the same folder as the note(s) that references it, if all of those notes are in the same folder)

Actual result

The new note is created in the vault root.

Environment

• Operating system:
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.13.33
    Installer version: v0.11.3
    Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.4.0: Mon Feb 21 20:36:53 PST 2022; root:xnu-8020.101.4~2/RELEASE_ARM64_T8101 21.4.0
    Login status: logged in
    Catalyst license: none
    Insider build toggle: off
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Safe mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

works for me.
Download and reinstall obsidian. Post a screen recording of this happening in the help vault along with your settings.

I think I’ve also seen this. I’ll report back.

Here are screenshots of the process (sorry didn’t want to install software to do a screen recording). I didn’t want to do a clean re-install on my main computer, this one is on windows 10. The same problem occurs on Ubuntu 21.10.

This is a fresh install in the help vault. I did not sign in or sync anything. The only setting I changed was Default location for new notes to Same folder as current file.

Steps:

1. Create a wikilink to [[Test]] in a note (Current version) inside a subfolder (Concepts)
  2. Switch to a different note (Installer Version) in the same subfolder
  3. Ctrl+O search for Test and hit enter

The file “Test” gets made in the root of the vault rather than in \Concepts.

If I were to Ctrl+click on [[Test]] it will correctly create the new file inside the subfolder.

thanks

will be fixed 0.14.3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.