Query about release of Obsidian for general users

It’s been almost 2 months since the last release of obsidian for general users. I’m too excited about this live preview features but since I’m not earning, I don’t have enough money to pay for the subscription.

So, When will be the 0.13.x version of obsidian will be available for general users ?

The question might sound direct but out of the immense love, I have for obsidian, I couldn’t resist myself putting up this question here.

I fully understand that I am in no position to ask this question. Along with that, I also know that this help section is for technical questions. Sorry, If you guys think it’s a horrible thing to ask.

love love !!!

3 Likes

The release date is unknown, bets are before the end of the year,
but no guarantee.

The devs never give out release dates so that there is no frustration when they don’t get it done on time.

1 Like

(This is not an official reply. I’m a forum mod, but I don’t represent the devs in any way, and have no insight into their schedule! /disclaimer)

Not horrible! I hear you! It’s a big exciting new feature. But there are also a lot of new bugs to work out. I think it is definitely a balancing act of releasing things vs. protecting the entire user base from bugs as nearly everything has likely needed to be refactored in some way.

It’s been a long wait, but I think everyone will end up with a much more stable release because of it. :purple_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you people for your kind reply

Hi, New User Here.

What is the usual timeline? Will take take more than 12 to 18 months?

Like rigmarole said, we don’t usually give timelines of when things become public since unexpected things can happen! We haven’t had any feature take years, so anywhere between some weeks and some months is possible.

You can take a look at #announcements to get an idea of how further apart are the current releases and make a guess for yourself if you’d like!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.