Pushing a block from daily notes to a target (new) note

Things I have tried

I tried looking everywhere for plug ins and the closest thing I found was a plugin called workbench which I couldn’t get to work.

What I’m trying to do

hi there, how can I push blocks of content from daily notes onto a (new or previously created) target note so the block note appears in full (not simply as a reference that needs to be expanded).

I’m not sure if this is a request for new feature, but I believe it would be of immense value to the community - it’s similar to Roams page references (which is fully displayed in the target note) but would be seen as part of the body of the note and editable. Does that exist?

2 Likes

The Obsidian42 - Text Transporter plugin might be what you are looking for. It is not longer in beta, you can fin it in the community plugins list.

2 Likes

Perhaps this open issue for Text Transporter is what you’re looking for? If so, I also haven’t yet found a solution for it.

1 Like

Oh this is great PR-C! Thank you so much - it looks like such a powerful plug in! Almost exactly what I had in mind - seems to work really well to what it intends to do.

It’s a shame it doesnt allow for the copied texts to remain in sync. But perhaps that’s a good thing.

Thank you so much for your kind note and the direction!

That’s precisely right Orand! Thanks a lot - great to hear they are already thinking about that. It almost feels like I’m intending to have subnotes (or blocks) within notes - a bit like the indent bullets from roam which appear as a reference at the bottom - but instead of references, appearing as a part of the note itself.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.