Printing indentation lines in PDF export

We strongly recommend you to search the forum with possible keywords before making a new feature request. If your request is very similar to an existing one, consider liking it and/or making a comment rather than making a new one. Once you’ve searched and determined that this is a new request, delete this line.

Use case or problem

This feature was already requested, but the thread was closed without comment. I would like to have this feature or know if the possibility exists in the meantime.

I want the bullet lines that you see in preview or edit mode to be visible in the exported PDF version as well.

in preview mode (or even in edit mode) you can see the bullet lines:

but not in the PDF export:

Proposed solution

I want the bullet lines to appear in the exported PDF

Related feature requests (optional)

Came here to look for solutions to this, but it looks like not a lot of people find this problematic. I would use it though. I tried installing the outliner plugin but that didn’t help either.

1 Like

Still no feature for this?

Created an account on the forums to comment that this is a show stopper for me. I need ways to pull notes out of Obsidian and put them into a more family-friendly sharing tool. I can’t find a way to export to any useful format, and sticking with md won’t work.

Without a reasonable workaround for interoperability, I expect Obsidian will be just for my local knowledge base and not a replacement for other general note taking apps.

1 Like