Previewing a page in reading mode by default?

Hello all,

I have been using Obisidian for a few months now and it has revolutionized the way I work. I have recently started using data views and I love it.

However, there is one thing that bugs me and I can’t find a way to fix it. It is when I hover on a link with my mouse and opens a preview window of the note. My problem is that this preview window always opens in ‘editing mode’ rather than ‘reading mode’.

I want to be able to preview in ‘reading mode’ by default, could someone please help me with that?

What I have tried:

• I have set my obsidian so that every newly opened window opens in ‘reading mode’ and though every window opens in ‘reading mode’ now, it still doesn’t work for the preview windows.

• I have looked in the settings and tried to find a specific hotkey for my problem but I couldn’t find anything.

• I also looked for community plugins but nothing addressed this.

• I know there is a way to set this preview window to ‘reading mode’ by clicking on the boxlike icon and then toggling to ‘reading mode,’ but it automatically resets it to ‘editing mode’ whenever I preview again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.