Pressing period of comma doesn't work the first time

Steps to reproduce

Using Android, while editing a note, if I select one of the suggested words on Microsoft keyboard, both the period and comma don’t work the first time. If I want a period/comma after selecting one of the suggested words on Microsoft keyboard, I need to press the period/comma key twice. This is because when I select one of the suggested words on Microsoft keyboard, the keyboard adds a space. When I follow this with a press of the period/comma, the space after the last word is removed. If I press it again, the period/comma is added. This might seem like a small change, but it was working until recently, and Obsidian now works differently that all other android apps. If I use G Board and select one of the suggested words, no space is added and thus I only need to press period/common once.

Expected result

When I press the period/comma and there’s a space in the prior position, remove that space first and then insert the period/comma. This will work with both Microsoft Keyboard and G Board.

Actual result

When I press the period/comma and there’s a space in the prior position, the current version of Obsidian removes the space.

Environment

• Operating system: Android 12
  • Debug info:
    Operating system: android 12 (Google Pixel 6 Pro)
    Login status: not logged in
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: Pisum
    Snippets enabled: 1
    Safe mode: off
    Plugins installed: 2
    Plugins enabled: 0
    Version: 1.1.1 (49) API v0.13.33

Additional information

This report was repro’d with third-party plugins off. I don’t have any custom CSS.

3 Likes

I can confirm this issue is present on my phone as well. I am using the Microsoft SwiftKey keyboard.

1 Like

is this still happening?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.