Potential risks in synchronization

Just today, I accidentally deleted one of my multiple remote vaults and discovered a potential risk: why is it necessary to enter a password to initiate synchronization, but not required when deleting a remote vault?

In fact, it only takes two steps to delete a remote vault, while retrieving/uploading the vault requires a series of steps. Why not consider requiring a password input before deleting a vault? I believe this could help us avoid risks.

4 Likes

Not sure if this is the reason, but since deleting the remote vault won’t actually delete the local files on the various devices they exist, it isn’t really a huge risk. I guess this assumes that all devices are synced up to date. If the remote vault gets deleted, I guess there could be scenarios where there is confusion as to which device has the updated files. And potentially there could be risks. In that light, perhaps it should require a password. But then again, there is no way to recover a forgotten vault password so you could be stuck unable to delete a remote vault that is hogging up your sync space, but you could delete the files. Regardless, I think it is a good point.

Thanks.

1 Like

This seems like a solid reason.

1 Like