Plugins are sometimes disabled when the vault opens

Steps to reproduce

Open a vault.

Expected result

I expect my plugins to not randomly get disabled.

Actual result

Sometimes when I open my vault, a plugin is disabled.
For example, there are times I open a vault and wonder why my Dataview query isn’t rendering, only to realize it’s been disabled.
One time the Dataview plugin didn’t even appear in the list, and I had to close and re-open my vault.
Recently, I had the spell check get disabled, which I only realized when wrongly spelled words weren’t getting the red underline.
It’s only ever been one plugin.
I generally have 2 or more vaults open at a time, and wonder if that is causing an issue.


  • Operating system: Windows 10 Verson 21H2
  • Debug info:
    Obsidian version: v0.14.6
    Installer version: v0.13.30
    Operating system: Windows 10 Home 10.0.19044
    Login status: not logged in
    Insider build toggle: off
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: Obsidian Nord
    Snippets enabled: 3
    Safe mode: off
    Plugins installed: 12
    Plugins enabled: 9
    1: Advanced Tables
    2: Sliding Panes (Andy’s Mode)
    3: Style Settings
    4: Underline
    5: Better Word Count
    6: Dataview
    7: Templater
    8: Highlightr
    9: Breadcrumbs

If you find reproducible steps, let us know.

Make sure it’s not the way you sync your vault that is causing this.