【plugin showcase】quickly add the link display text to the front matter of the target note

use case

when we make an inline alias like “[[note1|this is a test note]]”, the text “this is a test note” will not automatically appear on the front matter of [[note1]]. we have to manually copy and paste the text “this is a test note” into the front matter of note “note1”. this is not convenient and hinders the idea of atomic note-taking in obsidian since an automatic note can be a concept and a concept could be expressed in different ways in different contexts.

plugin function showcase

we have two note
note1 and note2
note2 has links to the existing aliases of note1

create new alias of note1 just by inline alias of note2

Animation

we can see that after pressing the shift+alt+a hotkey, the inline alias of note1 in note2 has been added to the front matter of note1, and the original aliases in note1 were automatically reformatted in the note alias plugin’s format with the content remaining intact.

stroy about this plugin

I have to plow through tons of obsidian-related plugins on GitHub for those dealing with aliases, and I found this unreleased plugin, I filed a request and the author responded, this is the symbol of sharing changes others life and making our life better. so I decided to write a quick showcase article to introduce this amazing plugin.

resource

name of the plugin: obsidian-note-aliases
link : is there any news on this plugin? · Issue #1 · pulsovi/obsidian-note-aliases (github.com)

another request

during my quest for finding plugins dealing with inline alias, I found another plugin that could automatically add inline alias to the front matter of the target note. but it loses function after the obsidian 1.0 update. I am not good at coding, so i wonder if anyone could look at the code and find some way to revive the plugin. here is the link to that plugin

is there any news on this plugin? · Issue #1 · scaytrase/obsidian-alias-enricher (github.com)

The “inline alias” is called the “display text”. https://help.obsidian.md/Linking+notes+and+files/Internal+links#Change+the+link+display+text

Thank you for reminding this, I changed the title

1 Like

I just released Obsidian plugin which supports fast and handy creation of links together with their aliases in the front matter of the target note. I was already using that plugin for about 1 month while building my personal knowledge base with thousands of links. It already saved me a lot of time. I believe it can help you too.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for developing such a great plugin.

1 Like