Pinned graph view, nodes always open the note in a new tab even if already open in a tab

new user…apologies if already answered, I tried to search the forum and I saw a couple of people asking similar questions but not sure there was clear resolution…only that this is a feature request…

I am wanting to use Obsidian very much through the graph view as the main navigation tool. I am very visual and so this makes more sense for organisation to my brain! I am also a visual effects artist so have been working this way for around 25 years on Flame!

is there anyway to get graph view to jump to an open note’s tab, rather than to open the note in a new tab? for me this is much more logical way to work…when having a tonne of different notes open already, and switching between them…

ie…if that note is not already open in a tab then open it in a new tab, if it is already open in a tab, then switch to that already open tab! so using the graph view to navigate switching tabs…

the way it is at the moment, I end up with multiple tabs of the same note and then have to find them and close them…which means I needn’t have opened them via graph view anyway! For me this would make Obsidian really useful for the way I work…

if there is no way to do this via tabs, as the responses to the feature request seem to indicate…can we open notes without tabs somehow, and get graph view to switch to them this way? or any other workarounds or plugins to create such a workflow?

cheers

paul

There’s a feature request for this (not specifically related to the graph.

I believe there is also a plugin. I don’t remember it’s name, but you could search the plugin store or the comments of the feature request where it’s probably mentioned (if I’m remembering right that it exists),

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.