Photo tagging and import

Hi there, I am new to obsidian after seriously falling out of love with ROAM.

I have two questions what is the best way of importing my ROAM database over. I am going to change some the ways I link to articles so I don’t want to use the old system. If I opened it in a new vault will that corrupt my main vault???

and the other can you tag photos / screenshots in obsidian and if so what is the best way to do it

Many thanks

Not exactly sure what you mean here. You can create “new” vaults in any folder. So, in fact, you can export your Roam database, duplicate it a few times, and then try different things with each to see what you like. A change to one vault on one folder certainly won’t influence the content or settings of another vault on another folder.

Edit: hit cmd+enter too soon. Sorry.

Not via any core feature. You could, however, embed a photo in a note and add your metadata to it there, then embed that “photo note” elsewhere.

There hasn’t been any activity for 5 days, could you please see if you’d like to pick any of the existing answers as the solution, or do you still need help with something?

Would appreciate it if you could clarify on that, thanks!

apologies that’s fine I have figured out a solution that works for me :grinning:

Sure! I’ve marked your reply as the solution. Feel free to elaborate on that :slight_smile:

Thanks, I just made a small template with the appropriate tags / back links which best described the photo