Tabs on Smartphone (Android, Pixel 6 Pro) in their current state are cumbersome.
- Opening and Switching Tabs is fine, but there is no X button to close them in the same menu?
- Oddly, the checkmark showing the active tab isn’t located all the way on the right, as though there were room for the X button…
- Currently to close a given tab I have to hit the note ellipsis menu and tap “Close Note”, this of itself is just fine, but to not have a close button in the tab menu so that I have to go here every time is cumbersome.
- Please add a toggle to have a tab-bar as on tablet/desktop.
- My phone is plenty big enough for this.
- I tested having a tab bar myself by using a tasker function reduce the DPI on my phone to force Obsidian into its tablet form factor mode. While a little small, it works great!
- Unfortunately, it’s slow to switch DPI all the time, so I don’t really use it often.
- If not using a tab-bar, the tab menu could be overhauled to show previews of each note in a grid arrangement; the single-line tab names are kinda small to touch currently and I have bumped the wrong note before. The same problem shows in the ribbon menu (which I cover in other respects here: Phone Ribbon Menu Overhaul)