- Collaborated Editing
- Across two or more people (good for Teams) .
- Across devices of same person.
- Chat and Communication.
- Assuming that it is going to be on server-less P2P model, This will allow users to skip any third party service, and allow better privacy and control.
I suggest a Peer2Peer solution for collaboration. On server-less model, (server-less implies that no server computer will negotiate when establishing P2P contact, it must all depend on individual peer’s user-agent (user-agent=Obsidian).
As per my Idea, you don’t need a Obsidian Account to collaborate. The connections are formed on ad-hoc basis, and Secure.
- There can a “Collaboration” settings tab under Settings > Plugin Options.
- Where user creates/generates a “Collaboration Code (simple text)”, or “Service URL/QR Code of Service URL(real url or obsidian url, I don’t know)”
- The user needs to share this Collaboration Code to his/her Collaborating partner who inturn will enter it in his/her Open vault > Onboarding Screen> New Collaboration Vault > give local location to save > Enter Code/URL > get started.
- On entering that shared code/URL, The two Obsidian apps will establish a P2P connection. Tada!
- The collaboration access has to be set per vault. The users may choose to set collaboration
- Always active.
- Activate on Toggle On/Off.
- Additional Features:
- Optional User Profile picture, User Name, etc independent from Obsidian Account.
- There can be a tab under sidebar pane which shows a Chat among all peers, (similar to Zoom).
- The Chat pane can float too or dock to bottom of app UI.
Yeah, I saw few months ago.