PDF Highlights plug in removes spaces between words when transferring highlights to a note

Things I have tried

I’m trying to transfer the highlighted text from a pdf document to an Obsidian note. It transfers the text but there are no spaces between the words. the text looks something like this:
Oneobviousanswerisyour

I don’t see any settings that would fix this. Has anyone else run into this problem? I’m running Catalina on my Macbook pro.

How are you transferring it — copy and paste? Does the same thing happen if you transfer the text to another app?

I copied and pasted some text (non-highlighted, then highlighted) from a PDF and all the spaces came along.

I’m using the PDF Highlights community plugin. Copying and pasting works fine.

OK, I changed the thread title to make that clear.

If you don’t get any useful info here, try opening an issue on the plugin’s Github page.

Has this issue been resolved? I have installed pdf highlights plug in when I apply to an annotated pdf I get the same results as @jjm5569 jjm5569 /everything is extracted but there are no spaces between the words.

See There's no spacing between words · Issue #5 · akaalias/obsidian-extract-pdf-highlights · GitHub and PDF extract with no spaces and no colors · Issue #16 · akaalias/obsidian-extract-pdf-highlights · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.