PDF Export - Remove whitespace between embedded text

Use case or problem

I currently embed text blocks from various notes into a bi-weekly report. When exporting this report to PDF there is quite a bit of whitespace between the embedded blocks.

Proposed solution

Would it be possible to eliminate the excess whitespace or an option for end user to select the amount of whitespace when exporting notes with embedded text blocks for a cleaner report format?

Current workaround (optional)

I currently export the note as PDF then open in a PDF editor and drag text blocks around to reduce the whitespace. PDF editors are a bit clunky in this regard so the reports do not come out that clean.

Check out this thread or the GitHub repository linked to within the thread: "How to achieve" CSS code snippets

There is a css file called Embeds, I think, that has what you are looking for if you read through the comments and cut and paste and adjust the values to achieve what you are looking for.

Hope this helps. I know it helped me for that same goal, although I wasn’t exporting to PDF.

Good luck.

2 Likes

In addition to the above, you can modify your css such that it looks differently only for the PDF: How to style the PDF with @media print?

2 Likes

Does this include changing the background-color of the body? I’ve been searching for hours to get this working but failed

Not that I’m aware of

1 Like