PDF Export Font Style Always Glitches

Same on macOS 13.2.1, Obsidian 1.1.15 (Installer 1.1.15), Sandbox

Have you found a solution?

I experience the exact same results after one export and then another export.

If you haven’t changed your text/editor font, the second export of notes seems to be fine. Remember to do it twice? :disappointed_relieved:

If you have changed your editor font and are comfortable with making a css snippet, this is a workaround for now →

2 Likes

I found a workaround fix for it! I performed clean uninstall which includes deleting the folder located here ~/Library/Application
Support/obsidian.

Then I used installer for obsidian 1.1.9 and disabled automatic updates. The glitch doesn’t occur at all in this version.

@windwalker, I’m glad you were able to get it working again.

For anyone reading in the future:

There are certain times when you may want to move certain files out of ~/Library/Application Support/obsidian/ (%appdata% on Windows) when troubleshooting, but it’s inadvisable to delete the entire folder.

I have updated to V1.1.16 but the problem still persists
I can’t find the lower version installer :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Here?

Can this css snippet help?

will be fixed 1.2. No ETAs.

1 Like

Thank you for the new version 1.2. But the problem with the fonts is still there on Windows and on macOS.

@Hermann Please, Post a screen recording of this happening in the sandbox vault and attach debug info obtained in the sandbox vault.

Yes, here is my test.

In the exported PDF the font is NOT Times New Roman.

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.2.0
Installer version: v1.1.16
Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.6.0: Mon Dec 19 20:44:01 PST 2022; root:xnu-8020.240.18~2/RELEASE_X86_64 21.6.0
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: insider
Insider build toggle: on
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Ok, let me clarify. Starting in v1.2.1

• if user is using the default theme + default font = print will use Arial
  • if the user is using a custom theme and the theme specifies a font = print will use the theme font
  • if the user configures a custom font via settings = print will use that custom font
  • user can also configure their own custom print font via css by overriding the “–font-print” CSS var

Hi there, Is there a fix for v1.1.6 users ? my export font has changed and whatever I try it stays the same, from changing in the settings menu to changing in the CSS. I am using obsidian to write in Hebrew maybe it is related to that but I would appreciate a solution that will let me go back to the old font of the export.

You can use this CSS snippet to set your PDF export font:

@media print {
  body {
  --font-text: 'Inter' !important;
  }
}

Another version including h1:

1 Like

I appreciate your help, unfortunately this does not work, on export I still get an unknown font and It does not change, I tried both of the snippets and also from the settings menu.

I’m sorry to hear that. Others seem to have had luck with them. Can you try with ‘Times New Roman’ just to check if the snippet is working?

Note that the font name needs to be exact. For example, I use SF Mono for my Live Preview font, but it has to be written exactly as 'SFMono-Regular' or it won’t work. If you let us know the font name, we can have a look :+1:

Hi Thanks for your reply, I tried to use a font that is installed on my Windows and write it exactly it apears in the “fonts” section in the control panel and it did work as you said thank you very much ! I guess I just need to find out what is the name of the default Hebrew font they used before in export. Thank you very much !

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.