Pasting from MacOS terminal adds style text

MacOS version: Big Sur 11.0.1
Obsidian version: 0.10.7

When copying text from the MacOS Terminal (Big Sur) and pasting into Obsidian, I am seeing style information similar to the following that needs to be manually deleted EACH time. I can’t think of any other application that exposes this data; plain-text-only applications apparently discard it.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}

Is there a workaround? This is hugely annoying.

Thanks!

Use cmd-shift-v, or drag-shift-drop or disable this feature.

this is not a bug but the result of a new feature introduced in 0.10.1.
Please, read the realease notes. Also please search before posting because this has been discussed other times in the forum.

I searched but did not find any references to “MacOS” and “paste” - and I checked all of the results. Also, I happen to read the release notes for each release, but I would disagree with your apparent suggestion that one is going to memorize and interpret every of the hundreds of release notes.

What search term did you use to find the previous threads on this subject?

1 Like

Here are the 0.10.1 release notes: Obsidian Release v0.10.1

Which one refers to this new “feature” causing the issue?

Pasting HTML content will now be automatically converted to Markdown. Same for drag and drop. For example, links you drag from web pages will now generate [Display text](https://url) instead of previously just the URL.

MacOs Terminal is generating html

Ah, maybe tag that thread with “MacOS” (as I did this one)? Thanks for the link.