Pasting cannot overwrite existing content

Steps to reproduce

When I copy content from a web page and paste it into something that already exists in the editor, it produces erroneous, redundant content beyond what the user expected.

To reproduce the example:

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Y

Y

Expected result

When I copy content from a web page and paste it into what is already there in the editor, it should paste the content from the clipboard and overwrite the already existing content as expected by the user.

Actual result

When I copy content from a web page and paste it into something that already exists in the editor, it produces erroneous, redundant content beyond what the user expected.

Environment

Windows 10
Obsidian 1.5.3

Additional information

I don’t understand you.

Post a screen recording of this happening in the sandbox vault.

Steps to reproduce

Video_2024-01-23_115926 (1).zip (2.6 MB)

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Y

Y

Expected result

When I copy content from a web page and paste it into what is already there in the editor, it should paste the content from the clipboard and overwrite the already existing content as expected by the user.

Actual result

Environment

Windows 10
Obsidian 1.5.3

Additional information

Video_2024-01-23_115926 (1).zip (2.6 MB)

Ok, did you use the sandbox vault?

I don’t

Does it happen in the sandbox vault?

Except for links, any other form of pasting operation cannot overwrite the information content that already exists in the editor and will produce erroneous and redundant information content beyond the user’s expectations…while other Markdown editors on the market will not This error occurs.
Hopefully the next version will fix it! Thank you very much :pray::+1:!

Using a sandbox vault has the exact same error condition as reported above.

I am sorry but I can’t reproduce it.

You should be able to reproduce it by following the video provided.

I can’t. Please, Post a screen recording of this happening in the sandbox vault.

I just read it wrong😂, in fact, I have been using the sandbox. The video provided is what happens in the sandbox. You can refer to the video and try again!

I am sorry I can’t reproduce. I think you may have a plugin that is causing this or there is some third party app on your computer that is causing this.

The sandbox box is explained here

I will follow up on this issue further and report new content. . . Thank you very much for your reply :pray:

The pasted content will be automatically indented starting from the second line:
Video_2024-01-23_14560899999.zip (1.5 MB)

This looks like a different problem, that I also can’t reproduce.
Did you close and reopen obsidian after disabling plugins?

Do you have any program installed that is managing your clipboard?

I’ll follow up on this issue further and report back on what’s new. . .Thank you for your help! :pray: