Open to vault switcher on startup dialog on startup (instead of the last-opened vault)

According to this feature request, the ability to open directly to the vault switcher was implemented in Obsidian 0.10.1.

But unless I’m misinterpreting, it looks like this update did the opposite - it changed the default startup behavior to opening the last used vault rather than the switcher dialog.

Is there a way to change this default back? I don’t want to open the last used vault on startup, I want to open the vault switcher first.

3 Likes

Same.

That feature request was about re-opening the last used vault. I believe what you want is this one Pick vault on app launch

Ah, okay!

I’m still a bit confused as to how these two requests are different, since Option: open last used vault or open vault selector is asking for the ability to choose opening to the vault selector instead of re-opening the last used vault (which was already the default at the time). The use case given was for people who didn’t want to open the same vault every time.

But either way, Pick a vault on app launch describes what I’m looking for. Thank you!